College is the place where most of the high school graduates dream to get. Entering a university is at the top of most schoolers’ aspirations. So much effort, studying, and attempts — and there you are.
However, once the first term starts, all these illusions are away. That is quite complicated, as well as requires lots of finances on tuition, dwelling, transport, nutrition, additional classes, etc. Thus, lots of students consider the feasibility to start working while studying in college. Is it beneficial or harmful? Let’s dwell on the most essential pros and cons.
Key Advantages of Employment During Studying
- An additional source of money. This is crucial for students who severely feel the lack of money. The financial standing of parents does not always provide the possibility to pay for all the necessities of a student, not even mentioning entertainment and hobbies that are an essential part of life. Hence, while working a student can cover all the expenses that are incurred in the process of getting an education.
2. Financial independence, full or partial. Not every person can boast of being not financially dependent on parents until even 25 years old. If a student is, that is a great benefit. Besides, understanding the value of each cent is never harmful. In such a way, the appreciation of all the investments that have been made by parents appears. That is, undoubtedly, a benefit that also contributes to the relationship with parents.
3. Starting career before graduation. Even if a student does not work in the field of his/her specialization, the experience of interacting with people, working in a team, as well as behavior in different environments, is invaluable. This is a great contribution to future employment. Most students face a lack of experience after graduation that is not an issue for those who have been working in the process of studying.
4. Improvement of time management skills. When a student needs to work, he/she may refuse from an unnecessary party. Besides, when it is necessary to submit some papers and tasks, the need for placing priorities will teach focusing on the most important. When a term paper deadline is approaching, it is possible to request assistance from the Rapid Essay and concentrate on the most crucial and urgent assignments.
5. Working during studying broadens an outlook of a person. Getting to know more people and sharing thoughts and opinions with them helps understand the way the world of business works.
These all are the most essential benefits, however, there are still pitfalls that negatively affect the process of studying:
- While working, a student may disregard certain subjects, miss deadlines or even fail passing exams.
- Trying to manage everything is not always possible, hence, a young person is over-exhausted leading even to the problems with health.
- Earning money, especially if reaching decent income, a student may start thinking to quit education.
Hence, everything has got its advantages and flaws. Talking about working while studying in college, it is always important to remember that education should come first. When there is a necessity to sacrifice anything, it is better to opt for the studies. When this is the matter of asking for help, a working student should ask for it or request professional assistance. When everything depends on timing, entertainment should be put after studies and work. That is the cost that should be paid so that not to fail both employment and education.
If organized wisely, starting employment before graduation is a great advantage providing an additional source of income, as well as an invaluable experience.