Venue: Government Engineering College, Bilaspur (C.G.)
Date: 7 and 8 December 2015
With a joint venture of Chhattisgarh Renewable Energy Development Authority (CREDA) and KWatt Solutions Pvt. Limited, a two-day training program on photovoltaic technology was organized in Government Engineering College, Bilaspur (C.G.) for the students of mechanical, civil, electrical and electronics branch.
The program emphasized on the credibility and scope of using solar radiations as a primary source to meet our day-to-day electricity requirements. The officials from the Kwatt Pvt. ltd, Mumbai conducted the whole program. In their words, “the students attending this training program will have the benefits of getting the opportunity to attend the Advance Certified Training Program where they will be given corporate internship on the eligibility basis in the solar energy field”.
The program details are as follows:
Part 1 (Overview)
- Solar energy scenario in India and job opportunities in the respective field
- Basics of Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Technology and technicalities related to solar panel.
Part 2 (Simulation Software and PV system design)
- Analysis of the PV system components and sizing exercise
- How to design a Solar Power Plant to power our own house/ college
- By using the simulation software, understanding the system design.
Part 3 (Hands on session using solar products)
- Getting aware of different solar operated products and their technology
- Different types of solar panels being used as mobile charger and their further scope of development.
Part 4 (Workshop)
- Solar powered mobile charger
The Kwatt Solutions team arranged a workshop for the students to design and built our own solar powered mobile charger.
- Light Seeking Robot
In second session, the students designed and built the light seeking robot.
Good theoretical and practical sessions under this program got a warm reaction by the students and added a new page of experience in their books.
The Kwatt Pvt. Ltd’s (KSPL) program S-SparQ works to impart education and training in field of solar energy and create Solar Engineers to fulfil India’s manpower needs envisioned in National Solar Mission by making students “Solar Smart”.
Government Engineering College, Bilaspur (C.G.)