Warriors in olive green uniforms
Our nation is blessed with heroes who are always ready to protect us from every possible threat. Indian Army has repeatedly proved, and I am proud to say this, that we are in safe hands.
The valorous yet soldiers have shown their fearless battle skills at times and have been present as a caring helping hand.
These protectors are honoured for their indomitable bravery and extreme courage on 15th January every year.
The same day in 1949, Lt. Gen K. M. Cariappa took over as first Commander in Chief, of Indian Army, from last British Commander in Chief.
Here is a list of 5 successful operations done by our audacious force:
Pathankot Attack: Operation Dhangu
- Pathankot IAF airbase was attacked by six terrorists on January 2, 2016.
- NSG forces were deployed to control hostage crisis.
- The army combat specialist fought for straight three days in very complicated situations as the area was very close to family quarters.
- Calibrated use of minimum firepower and excellent tactics were the abilities shown at the battleground.
- After three days operation army successfully terminated all terrorists, thus showing capabilities and protection power of Indian army.
- The operation was codenamed as Dhangu on the name of the village where airbase is located.
Rescue Operations in Manipur
- Indian army collaborated a massive rescue operation when a 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck Manipur on 4th January 2016.
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams were deployed in Tamenglong district, the epicentre of the earthquake.
- The damaged building debris were removed, and many locals were rescued during the operation.
- Army also showed the quick response action when the operation started in 3 hours of the calamity occurrence.
Bodo militants Assam: Operation
- After the situation had got out of control in Assam in December 2014, Indian Army declared operation “All-out” to eliminate Bodo militants.
- 5000 CRPF personnel, 4500 Assam Army personnel and 2000 Sashastra Seema Bal personnel were deployed in the operation.
- After a battle of long one month and strict curfew military won the conflict and resumed peace in the region.
Rescue operation Nepal:
- This humanitarian relief operation was installed by Indian Army in Nepal after 7.8 magnitude earthquake in Lamjung, Nepal.
- Within 15 min of the earthquake, Army personnel reached the affected region.
- Indian army was first of the helping hands in the aftermath of the calamity.
- Quick triggering and instant relief have always been strong of Indian army that whole nation has proud of.
Myanmar Surgical Strike
- On June 9, 2015, Indian Army successfully operated the surgical battle in Myanmar.
- The 25 Commando and 21 Para Special Forces were involved in the only 45-minute battle and swamped off the after-border area.
- The mission operation was a win and the fastest in the Asian invasion history.
- The operation was a part of Operation Hifazat in the Nagaland-Manipur-Arunachal Pradesh border area.
Our Army is first in the category of volunteered forces in the whole world.
Also, in spite of being the biggest importer of weapons in Asian Market, our Army has never invaded or attacked over a country for taking control.
The Indian Army is the second biggest support and first in instant relief operations in the whole world. The brave men and women in the Indian army stay away from their families, miss every significant thing in their life, so as to give us all a peaceful sleep at night.
We salute each and every soldier for their sacrifices and altruism for the country.
I can’t describe an Indian soldier better than this:
“If death strikes before I prove my blood, I swear I’ll kill Death.”