The human mind is considered to be one of the most complicated and advance organ. It is believed that it can store infinite amount of data and solve lengthy calculation in a matter of minutes but it can not remember notes during exams which were studied the day before. The brain has its own weaknesses and you ought to be smart enough to trick it.
So here 6 psychological tricks you could try any time:
- Silence is your friend: When you are having a casual conversation with someone and you want information from that person but the person is reluctant. Here silence will help you best. When you feel the person is not telling you or is hiding something, all you have to do is remain silent when they answer your question. The silence creates a sense of guilt for the person when he/she has not answered your question completely. In order to avoid the awkward silence, they will be forced to give you the remaining information. Also maintain eye contact with the person to expect better results.
- Look to laugh : When you are in a group and the group laughs on some joke, the person you’ll look at while laughing would be the person sharing the same sense of humour. This works best for the person who is telling the joke. As he finishes telling the said joke, he will look at the person who is of great interest to him.
- Forceful Repetition : This is a fun one! When having a one on one conversation with someone, just smile, nod or give some positive response when they say some particular word. Do this whenever the person in front says that particular word. As the conversation goes further they will start using that word more often and this will go on until each alternate sentence of that person will have that particular word in it.
- Fake Confidence : Use this mind trick to blur the lines between brilliance and confidence. This usually works in an office. Whenever you are doing some work, may it be public relations, completing an assignment, completing a target etc, just do it with 100% confidence. When you do this, people will assume that you are a brilliant guy and will think that whatever you are doing is right. This also involves not asking or taking advice that is related to your work. Just make sure you don’t look over- confident.
- Get what you want: This will allow you to get a favour from someone without shedding a sweat. All you have to do is approach the person whom you want to take the favour from and give them a task that they are sure to decline and after they decline, tell them the favour you originally want them to do. Chances are that they will accept it because they already feel guilty for turning down one favour.
- Chew to Relax: When you are in a tense situation just chew gum to relax. This happens because the body thinks that when you are chewing gum you are eating food and you are in no immediate danger when you are eating. Remember chewing gum doesn’t reduce stress but makes you alert and improves your performance. It does so by increasing the blood flow in your brain.