Jamie Richard Vardy, who recently shook the wits out by breaking Ruud van Nistelrooy’s record by scoring eleven consecutive Premier league Matches in 2015 gives a reason to his team to celebrate the history that is laid.
Born on 11 January 1987, in Sheffield, south Yorkshire, Jamie Vardy gave a kick-start to his career at the age of 16 with the Stocksbridge Park steels Youth system. Vardy is an English footballer, a professional of his field who plays for Leicester field and England. He gains popularity being a striker but is also specialized as a winger.
The recent match on 28 November 2015, which helped him make a record was against Manchester United. This gives him and the Leicester field another reason to celebrate since Vardy was someone who played at Non league levels until around 2012 and winning against an opponent as hiked as Manchester United gives it another level of appreciation.
It was unbelievable for Vardy that an unseen dream came true unexpectedly and he became the first player to set this record. In an interview, few hours after the 28-year old sets history, he says,“The record was not in my mind, it would have affected my performance and the team’s, and that’s the last thing I wanted to do…I can think about it when I am home but as soon as I cross the white line all I should be concentrating on is my football. That’s what I have been doing and exactly what I will continue to do.”
Prior to setting this record recently on 28th november, 2015 with 2nd league position, it all started from:
- 29 August: Bournemouth 1-1 Leicester on the south coast when Vardy picked himself to smash in a late penalty and rescue a point when he was fouled in the box.
- On 13 September: Leicester 3-2 Aston Villa, Vardy netted the equaliser in the 82nd minute from a close range.
- 19 September: Stoke 2-2 Leicester, with 3rd league position.
- 26 September: Leicester 2-5 Arsenal, Vardy managed to goal both side’s, including a 89th- minute consolation.
- 3 October: Norwich 1-2 Leicester, Vardy was called a pest for defending the opponent even with an injury in the wrist.
- 17 October: Southampton 2-2 Leicester with 5th league position.
- 24 October: Leicester 1-0 Crystal Palace
- 31 October: West Brom 2-3 Leicester
- 7 November: Leicester 2-1 Watford
- 21 November: Newcastle 0-3 Leicester
To this victory, Ruud van Nistelrooy tweeted:
Many others congratulated the rags turned rich on twitter which includes Gary Linekar who says,”Vardy! He scores when he wants.” ,Rio Ferdinand who says,”Congratulations to mr. Vardy….what a story…always believe kids… it’s never too late.” Paul Konchesky said,” Absolutely buzzing for my man @Vardy7 for breaking the record! Fully deserved pal keep it going m8! #jamie vardy having a party.”
His girlfriend, Rebekah Nicholson was overwhelmed after his victory and tweeted,”Never a more prouder moment! This guy is not only my hero, he’s my inspiration!… No words left!”