Many women plus size completely avoid certain common pieces in the female closet because they consider that they do not favor them at all. Certainly, according to all body types there are garments that look much better than others and a few cases that definitely cannot be used.
The problem is that many of them consider that this happens with leggings, when this is not true. Others make the opposite mistake (of equal or worse gravity) using them without any type of compliance, probably not knowing that there are cuts, sizes, designs and types of fabrics more suitable for a body type than others. Errors in this regard should be avoided completely.
Now how is that done? Well, it’s not that difficult. Leggings come with so many variations that you are sure that there is more than a suitable model for you with which you will look spectacular. The trick is to follow a few very basic rules that will favor you and make your body look much better. Leggings can be the best allies to take advantage of the lower part of your body, as long as you know how to use them. If you visit the tuffwomen page, you will find that there are tables of measurements to find the exact size of your leggings.
Basic Measurements Before Choosing Leggings
Remember, these are very conventional tips and tricks that can serve as a basis to consider many more. As long as you keep these principles in mind, then rest assured that your later choices will be much more accurate.
- Use full-length pieces: If you already know a little about leggings, you will know that these can be found in several models according to the length. The complete pieces, which reach the ankle are the most appropriate, since they will help you to stylize your legs and make them look slimmer. The opposite happens if you use a piece ¾ length, where you will give all the prominence to your thighs. For sure it’s what you least want.
- Look for high-waisted models: married with the previous principle, this will make you more stylized and most important of all, it will give you more support. Never wear leggings at the hip. They will not benefit you at all.
- Opt for dark shades: black leggings work the same or better than dark pants; they go well with everything. Without fear of being wrong, this piece is among the most versatile in a closet, if it is not the most versatile. To train, go out, be in the house … everything, everything works better if you have black leggings. In your case, this will make you look thinner, since these tones generate a visual effect of reduction, on the contrary of the light tones.
- Be very careful with prints models. Unless they are dark and discreet, they are not usually the most advisable option since they focus the attention of others in this part of the body.
- Look for quality pieces and very thick. Those very thin cheap leggings that fold everywhere are not even an option. If you did not consider wearing leggings for thinking that they accentuated what you don’t want to stand out from your body, then with these fine fabrics the exact opposite is achieved: there is no subjection of any kind. A good alloy of cotton and spandex, with any relevant additive such as polyester can result in multifunctional fabrics that not only fit the body but also collect and provide support (and of course, much comfort).
- Be careful with the size. These are easier to buy through the web than normal trousers, thanks to their elasticity. However, taking into account that the proportions can vary by the type of fabric (a person with a hip of 38 inches can enter well in leggings with 32 inches, for example) manufacturers have created exact conversion tables to avoid this problem. Follow their instructions and be sure you will make very wise decisions.
These tips are just some of the most basic you can find when wearing leggings. It is very important to also emphasize the accessories, shoes and shirts that will help you complement your look and get the most out of your legs in leggings. Do not forget that your clothes are designed to benefit you and make you look better, never the opposite.