In school, we have studied that plants breathe in carbon dioxide and exhale out oxygen but apart from this, they also clean chemicals and other pollutants and make the air fresh and clean for you to breathe. Apart from being a natural air purifier, they also work as beautiful additions to your house decor. Here are few plants that you must plant for a healthy and beautiful environment.
- Aloe vera
This plant grows best in sunlight and being a succulent it does not require water frequently. The well-known uses of aloe are that it is used for skin and hair care. It is also used for healing wounds and possess antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. This plant can clean the chemicals present in the air, and when the amount increase excessively, the plant will show brown spots. It mainly removes the formaldehyde from the environment.
2. English IvyNASA claimed it as number one best air-filtering houseplant. This plant is grown in moderate temperature, and it can be used as a hanging or a floor plant or as a topiary. It trails down your furniture and provide a pretty effect to it. This climbing vine is available in many colours and shapes.
3. Peace LilyPeace Lily is an incredibly beautiful plant to grow and is the only air-filtering plant that flowers. It usually produces one large creamy flower that lasts for weeks. It removes spores from the environment along with certain chemicals. This plant should not be grown if you have cats as it is toxic to feline pets. For better results, wash the leaves frequently as it will remove the insects from it.
4. Snake plaAlso called Mother-in-Law’s Tongue. It’s top notch is found in many cleaning and personal hygiene products. It requires low light conditions while its cleaning the atmosphere. It can also be kept in the bathroom as they would love to thrive in steam and does not need much sunlight.
Spider plants are decorative and can be easily grown. It is a beautiful plant with striped leaves and does require much care to grow. It grows flowers which eventually grow into baby spider plants or spider ties. It is one of the easiest household plants to grow and also removes xylene which is used as a solvent in leather.
6. Weeping FigThis household plant is commonly called as ficus grows from 2-10 feet tall. It can be a bit difficult to grow, but when you know the correct amount of light and water needed, ficus will thrive for years. It is used to clear the chemicals and toxins.
7. Bamboo palmAccording to NASA, it has a filtering score of 8.4. Being a superstar in removing formaldehyde and other toxins, this plant can be grown anywhere as it does not become enormous. It is usually placed near furniture to purify the air and works great as indoor decor. Bamboo often requires regular watering and sunlight.
Before buying expensive furniture and decor items for your house, buy these plants which will decorate your house in the prettiest way. Also without much care required, they work to keep you healthy in some way.