1. STONEHENGE – For decades, Stonehenge was considered to be a remote location of Ancient Rituals. From myths of magic to alien visits, very little was known about its discovery. Until the startling discovery by David Jacques.
POINT TO NOTE–In 2013 he discovered Aurochs bones (A kind of wild OX that inhibited Europe, Asia and North Africa). Further he also discovered by carbon-dating that “PERHAPS” Stonehenge was closer to civilization Thus forcing Historians to reconsider their past assumptions.
2. Area 51- Very little was known about this place and it was considered a product of lore. But thanks to the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT, the existence of Area 51 came under the spotlight. It is actually a military base dedicated to training and testing.
POINT TO NOTE- A lot facts, evidence and data shows that the remains of crashed UFO space craft are stored at this place. The area as well as its details are classified for purpose of National Security.
3. Gautam Buddha’s Birthday- The age of Buddha and his actual birthday was a mystery until recently, when there was an archaeological expedition at the suspected birthplace of the Holy man. He was thought to have been born around 563 B.C E. But the expedition in Nepal revealed that Buddha most likely lived in the 6th century after a discovery of a Timber Structure and a tree trunk under a brick temple.
POINT TO NOTE- It is believed that Gautama Buddha was born under a tree.
4. Ardi- Discovered in 1994, it is 4.4 million years old. The oldest skeleton on earth. Ardi is believed to be the oldest ancestor of men, with an unique anatomy of neither human nor chimp. Thus forcing the scientists to rethink our origins.
5. Australia– This will really leave you astounded. In 1974 a set of coins were discovered and were sent to a museum in 1979. Those coins were sent by Maurie Isenberg along with a map (Marked “X”- highlighting the place he found it).
POINT TO NOTE- After carefully analysing those coins it was found that the coins dated back to the years 900 – 1300 , meaning that JAMES COOK DIDN’T ACTUALLY DISCOVER AUSTRALIA.
6. James Town- Location of the first settlement of England in North America. The natives there actually practiced Cannibalism to survive the harsh weather conditions. But there wasn’t much archaeological data supporting this theory, until 2008. William Kelso and his team discovered a female skull with cuts and markings, that proved the practice of Cannibalism.
7. Gobleki Tepe- A mountainous civilisation discovered in 1960, was originally thought to be a Medieval Cemetery. But, in 2008 , Klaus Schmidt found markings on several large stones. The turning point is, the stones are 11,000 years old, way before the discovery of tools.
POINT TO NOTE- This discovery defies the concept that Stonehenge was the oldest civilisation in the world.
8. Richard III – The king who ruled England from 1483-1485, died at the Battle Of Bosworth.
POINT TO NOTE- But his body had never been found. Until 2012, when some remains were found underneath a parking lot in Leicester, which is believed to be the remains of King Richard III. Thus confirming his death as well as collecting valuable genetic data on the former monarch.