Here is a list of those crazy mundane things only 90’s kids know of! Unfortunately, technology has taken over and they hold no more significance as such. Let’s revisit the memory lane.
1. Kids are no more seen with those video game tapes rented from the nearest cyber cafe. PSPs and Ipads are the new video gaming arenas.
2. Our ‘Kiryana’ stores and ‘Sabji Mandis’ are diminishing in number now. Stores like Reliance Fresh and EasyDay cater to all our demands at one place.
3. Floppy drives used to be our favorite storage devices. Now CDs and pen drives have made them extinct.
4. Those Nokia phones with their pre-installed snake games are no more a common asset. Smartphones and Iphones are the new craze for gizmo freaks.
5. Gone are the days when we used to wait for our favorite movie on cable television. Digitization using Tata Sky and other dish tvs ,seeks to bring all kinds of movies and channels at our doorstep.
6. We need not wait anymore to buy our favorite product from a store far away from our house. Thanks to online sites with lavish discounts.
7. Who would connect to internet using the local phone’s network ? Simply click on the wifi option and access the world!
8. E-mails replaced letters sent to friends and then SMSes replaced e-mail. Then Whatsapp replaced text messages. All in a decade!
9. Birthday cards meant cards made with hand and decorated beautifully. Now they mean e-cards or expensive gifts.
10. School libraries and books were explored for projects. Now Google and eBooks have it all!
11. Games like ‘Langdi Taang’ and ‘Staapu’ are hardly seen on the streets.
12. ‘Pinki’, ‘Chacha Chaudhary’ and ‘Bablu’ used to be our favorite comics.
13. Standing in queues was a necessity for small cinema houses. Now we enjoy movie experiences in sumptuous malls and PVRs. Those local cinema houses are just limited in number now, credited for small masses.
14. Fashion sense improved. Salwar kameez and sarees, jeans, skirts and one-pieces started trending among the youth and film-stars.
15. We realized the importance of maintaining social contacts through Facebook and Twitter rather than visiting our friends in person.
16. Good cars meant Maruti and Indica for 90’s kids. Now BMWs and SUVs are the common ones.
17. It took time to get photographs developed from camera reels. Now digicams and selfie cameras give instant results on the screen.
18. Khana Khazana, Bournvita quiz contest and Antakshari were a few of the selected reality shows on television. Now it’s a hoard of them on uncountable channels.
19. Pizzas and burgers were not available as casually as today. Thanks to a string of food outlets like Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Dominos, KFC….the list is endless!
20. Online examinations and courses could only be dreamt of.
21. No more of these cassettes and recorders!
22. Television sets were basic. Today we are thronged by LEDs and LCDs.
23. ‘Barf Ke Gole’ are no longer a purpose to party among today’s kids.
24. And we had a flair for collecting free tazos from our favorite brand of chips.
25. Buying those weekly lottery tickets was like a tradition in households. Unfortunately, we see very less lottery ticket stalls now!