Insomnia: A crazy thing which turns our world upside down. We being humans who lead the most productive life need time to relax ,have a good night sleep. Worrying has become a major part of our life that we give least importance to sleep. This in order deteriorates our health, takes a troll over us completely.
Diagnosis is needed before prevention. Insomnia are of two types either acute or chronic. Acute insomnia, according to the National Sleep Foundation, often occurs due to life events. It’s the kind of inability to fall asleep you might which is occurred due to various reasons which differs from one person to another. Chronic insomnia, on the other hand, is defined as disrupted sleep on three or more nights a week for a period of at least three months.
Being insomniacs is the toughest thing to deal with these days because we have to control the mind & calm oneself. Somehow by opinions growing around and thoughts overwhelming us we just can’t lose our mind even hypothetically for a moment.
If written in poetic way.
When the world is asleep, Our life awakens
We try to sedate our mind, Yet it whirls like a storm by unexplained and endless thoughts.
We think every possible problem in the world starting from fixing our bathroom to saving World as if we are the only person left to care about it , think and find a solution but by the next morning most of the people don’t even remember what they thought about.
Insomniacs get accustomed to the sleepless nights so much that they totally forget how it is to be fall asleep with no effort not to mention those black carry bags beneath their eyes and when they do get sleep once in a blue moon day they feel they had hit the jackpot.
They think about why they think too much which they are not supposed to think and how much thinking will affect them eventually making themselves as over thinkers. They don’t have a pause button. They develop all kinds of guilt about what they dint do right, because they think regret, depression and self-loathing soothes them to sleep.
As the world is suffering from Insomnia, few form a moronic misinterpretation of tagging themselves as such, where it is their clear inability of staying away from Internet.
Insomniac also fetches you more time. It unleashes your talent from within and gets out your passion and creative side of you. Let it be in art, being a nerd or a great writer, you have a lot to do with the time it gives you. Few among famous people who suffered Insomnia yet nothing could stop them what they wanted to be are
- Arianna Huffington, blogger and commentator
- Vincent Van Gogh, painter
- Marilyn Monroe, actress
- Madonna, singer
- Napoleon , Politician, Military Officer
- Abraham Lincoln, Statesman, Politician, Lawyer
- William Shakespeare , English Poet
They say Genius never sleeps.
Well jokes apart Insomnia is a serious problem and its time to hunt down it and free ourselves from it .
Some serious symptoms of Insomnia are
- Difficulty falling asleep, paying attention , focusing on tasks or remembering
- Interrupted sleep, Light sleep
- Poor quality of sleep – not refreshed after sleeping
- Irritability, Depression and Anxiety
Remedies to get over Insomnia gradually are
- Drink Tart cherry juice
- Make your bedroom as bedroom not your study room or entertainment room. Make sure all your gadgets are out of your reach so that it is not the last thing to worry about before you sleep and no the first important thing after you woke up. Replace it with “Your time without anything, anyone.. just you and Peace of mind”
- Exercise on a regular basis, and you will sleep better
- Take a warm bath 30 minutes before bedtime. Follow it up with a warm glass of milk or water.
These are the foods to take and to avoid and best type of tea to let you sleep.
One of the reason for insomnia is also lack of magnesium . To refill that in your body one can take foods which has rich magnesium content
- Last but not the least , watch your breath or listen to opera. That will bore you to death and helps you to fall asleep 😛 😉
Insomnia is not as bad it seems , if you know how to take care of your mind and habits just in equal proportions. As you make these routine you will no longer will be a Insomniac no matter how much fun it is to be, because at the end of the day Sleep makes people calmer and more alert.
Author bio :
Studied B.tech in ME 2013.
Customer service Manager at ICICI Lombard GIC
Ipulse editor for office magazine
Writing is my passion and motivation as it inspires my own soul as well as others. . Poet by heart . Blogger & avid reader. Woman with Wanderlust.