Romans have always been an important part of the history , Notably they brought about tremendous development in engineering and innovations . Even more fascinating are the facts, you must not be knowing :
- Romans used crushed mouse brains as toothpaste !
- Romans did come up with teeth whitening , but instead of listerine , they used urine ! not only this , also there was something known as “urine tax”.
- They used gladiator blood to cure various ailments , including epilepsy and infertility.
- In ancient Rome , it was common for people to induce vomiting so as to eat more during the long banquets that lasted for hours.
- They used urine to clean clothes as it was though to have bleaching action. In order to do so , urine was collected from the public washrooms all over the city.
- Roman husbands kissed their wives on mouth at the end of the day , not to always have a romantic motive but to check if they have been drinking all day long !
- Hair dying was common amongst women , mainly red and blonde where the colours were obtained from ingredients like goat fat , beach wood ashes etc.
- Left handed people were considered unlucky .
- Rome’s mascot is known to be a she-wolf , who took care of the two brothers Romulus and Remus , the legendary founders of Rome !