Weddings, weddings and weddings all around!
What’s the furor all about? We have been witnessing Bollywood’s increasing affinity for weddings in its movies. Gleaming outfits, mesmerizing locations and groovy music beats, these ingredients are enough to add ‘tadka’ to some classy Bollywood weddings.
Lately, many exotic locations in India and abroad have been the charm of onscreen weddings. While these spots become a treat to your eyes, who knows they might be a witness to your special day too? Here are 5 Bollywood masala flicks that could inspire you to choose your dream destination:
- Shandaar- The upcoming venture of Shahid Kapoor and Alia Bhatt, is purely schematized around the concept of ‘destination wedding’. Here, Shahid Kapoor plays the wedding planner to Alia Bhatt’s elder sister’s wedding.The principal location of shoot in this movie is Leeds in UK. It promises to be a fun filled ride, with its package of peppy music and family drama, involved in almost every wedding. Hopefully, the trend of destination weddings is going to witness a great incline after the release of this movie.
- Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani – This film gave us a glimpse of destination wedding in the royal land of Udaipur. Ranbir Kapoor(Bunny) and Deepika Padukone(Naina) land up here for the sumptuous wedding of their friend Aditi(Kalki Koechlin). Much of the second half of this movie portrays the beautiful palaces and forts of Udaipur. While the exquisite sunset scene before Kalki’s wedding was shot at Chittorgarh Fort,the Oberoi Udaivilas pictured many of her wedding scenes. With its majestic gardens, fountains and courtyards, you could never miss out on considering this dream destination for your wedding.
- Student Of The Year- Indian palatial destinations aren’t enough, this movie takes you across the sea to Koh Samui, Bankok. The wedding scenes of the movie , and the much acclaimed song ‘Radha’ have been shot in the plush galleries of the Banyan Tree Hotel. With Lamai Bay in the backdrop, it was the dream destination for Rohan’s (Varun Dhawan) elder brother Rohit’s wedding. The setting looks amazing, and the hotel promises some of the best luxury services in the world. Yes,this might be a great example of a lavish wedding overseas!
- Band Baaja Baraat- It is the story of two wedding planners Shruti (Anushka Sharma) and Bitoo(Ranveer Singh), who give a new facet to their dreams through ‘Shaadi Mubarak’. One of the wedding venues was the Lalgarh Palace, Bikaner, which is a famous ancient royal palace, built between 1902 and 1926. It is now much vied for sumptuous marriages and receptions. The hit number ‘Dum Dum Dum Mast Hai’ was shot in this grand structure.
- 3 idiots – Remember the scene where Piya(Kareena Kapoor) was just saved from her wedding chaos by Raju(Sharman Joshi) and Farhan(R Madhavan) in the nick of time? You got it right. The WoodVille Palace Hotel, Shimla was the idyllic location for the shoot of this wedding. Built in 1938, this palace played host to the wedding of Rajkumari Devendra Kumari. Since then, it has become the exquisite spot for destination weddings, with its temperate climate and scenic mountain beauty.