Life is full of ups and downs. It is a fact and you cannot run away from it. It is what makes us human. But that does not mean that you must give up on life easily. Of course, there are times when it is difficult to be happy and cheerful. Life is a gift which many people fail to acknowledge.
If you are having a hard time seeing the cup as half full rather than half empty, you should read these quotes by famous personalities and adopt them in your daily life. They may not make your problems go away, but they would definitely help you in facing them with a stronger mindset.
Here are some quotes which might bring that lost smile of yours back:
1) “Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it.”
We often want to throw away our feelings or want them to become numb. Truth is, it is what it is. Some things cannot be denied, and hence the only option is to accept it with open arms, even a face full of dripping tears. Becoming numb towards your life is a bad reaction mechanism. It does not save you, rather it kills you slowly inside. So why throw away the life you have? Instead, love yourself enough to accept whatever you do or feel.
2) “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
Honestly, the world really needs people who will work for the good of society. It is very easy to sit at home and pass comments like they should do this, do that, do it like that, etc. Rather it will be more productive and satisfactory if you go out there and make the change you want. Do you want to reduce poverty in the world? Go out there and help some people get on their feet. You are concerned about climate change? You take steps to start it yourself. Only if more people step forward to make a change for the progress of society, will there be a change in the world, like you want.
3) “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.”
-Steve Kloves(as Dumbledore in Harry Potter)
This is one of the most important lessons in life. We often find ourselves drowning in darkness and tend to give up like there is not even one ray of hope. It is not at all correct. Dumbledore’s words might bring shivers to your spine, because of how insanely true it is. No matter how bad a situation is, you should look out for that one ray of hope, as if there still is an option to recover.
4) “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
-Thich Nhat Hanch
We often look outside the window for others to validate our existence, our way of life, our decisions. What we forget is that the most important and the best person who can validate them for you is when you look at yourself in the mirror. This means that you have to accept yourself for who you are. You have to accept the fact that you are beautiful just the way you are.
5) “Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.”
What is life without dreaming a little? In fact, dreams are what fuels your life. No matter if your dreams are big or small, just dream away! Dream and keep working towards it as if you will live forever.
6) “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.”
Time travelling to the past and getting stuck there is a waste of time because every second in life is precious. You never know when your heart stops and you go into an indefinite sleep. So why waste life? Live the present moment and keep working for the future, but also take the lessons from the past life.
7) “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two breaths.”
On some days, between the heavy and fast breaths in our fast-paced lives, the rest that we take is the most important thing that day. Those few moments of relaxation are all it takes to rejuvenate the mind again.
8) “You are beautiful. Know this. Anyone who tells you otherwise is simply lying. You are beautiful.”
We are all unique in our own way, and that is what makes each one of us beautiful. That is one thought you should hold on to forever.
9) “I think it’s important to find the little things in everyday life that make you happy.”
Life is so fast that we forget to appreciate small things in life. When you finally do, you realize that you had been missing out on small bundles of happiness all this time. These small things add up being a lifesaver sometimes.
10) “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
It has been rightly said that you should live each day to the fullest. Live every today like there is no tomorrow.
11) “Keep your face always toward sunshine- and shadows will fall behind you.”
No matter how bad the day is going, you should eagerly wait for what the next morning brings. Never give up the hope that the next day can have something good in store for you. That is how you might be able to free yourself from hopelessness.
12) “Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.”
In the end, you will not remember how many breaths you took in life, but how many breaths took you away. Hence, live each breath you take!
13) “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”
It is never too late to start from scratch. Even at a ripe age, you could start learning something new. There is no right time. Just follow your heart.
14) “The mind is everything. What you think you become.”
Your life is a mirror to what you think and hence how you act on it. You have to look yourself in the mirror and imagine yourself becoming the person you want to. Look at those eyes and pledge to work for the same till you achieve it.
15) “Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you’re alive, it isn’t.”
Human beings have different roles to play in life. With contemplation, one might understand that there is a reason for who we meet and what happens in life. There is a belief that every human being comes to earth with a mission each. So if you are still alive, you still have work to do, my friend!
16) “Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets so, love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who don’t. And believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it would be easy they just promised it would be worth it.”
Life is a roller coaster ride and there is a reason for everything that happens to you. You never know when your last day is going to be, so why to waste your precious life on unnecessary things. Life is too short for regrets and grudges. Instead, hold on to your loves ones close. If an opportunity comes by, take it in the blink of an eye.
17) “Your daily life is your temple and your religion. When you enter into it, take with you your all.”
Leave no stones unturned in living your life to the fullest. Life is too short and precious to throw it away without trying with your heart and soul.
18) “Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hold onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?”
-Mary Manin Morrissey
The last important thing to seal all the life lessons is to learn the art of letting go. Often letting go and moving on is the most difficult thing we have to do in life, nonetheless, we have to. It is an absolute necessity to let go of past mistakes, past fear, past pain and regrets. Only then will there be freedom to carry on with life afresh. Take smalls steps but let go of things stopping you from moving forward in life.
Here’s to hoping that these inspiring quotes will help make a difference in your life. Please do share with us by writing below, your favourite quote that helps you get through life.
About The Author
Nuvita Kalra. 19. Law Student. Bookworm. She believes in simple living and high thinking.