He loves discipline, she loves to ride her scooty, he loves to dress up simple yet sober, she loves to rule the house. They both were totally different, yet they are the most sorted out and practical couple of the Bolly-town. Happy Anniversary to the Action king and his Queen. Yes, right I am talking about Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia aka Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna aka Mrs.Funnybones. Lets have a look at their journey.
- Born on September 9th 1927 the Virgo dude started his journey as a dancer, chef and then as a stunt-man. His got his first break as a martial arts trainer in Mahesh Bhatt’s “Aaj” , and then it was never looking back for the “SIDHE SADHE AKSHAY AKSHAY!”. Starting from “Saugandh” to the “Khiladi series” he rocked the tinsel town with his stunts and action techniques.
- Mrs.Funnybones aka Tina Jatin Khanna a Capricon by birth, came to this earth on 29th December 1973. Being the daughter of the famous Rajesh Khanna and Dimple Kapadia, Twinkle Khanna was called “Teapot” in her school as she was a bit chubby. She loved reading and thus left acting to pursue her passion of interior designing and writing. Today she owns her own boutique named “The White Window” in Mumbai.
- Akshay and Twinkle first met at a photo-shoot with Jayesh Seth for filmfare, and after that Akshay truly, madly fell for the brown eyed beauty. Aren’t they looking like the “really cutest and hottest couple”???????
- Akshay was famous for his “Playboy” image, starting from Pooja Batra to Shilpa Shetty, he dated almost all the leading ladies of bollywood during the 90’s. But things took a u-turn during the shooting of “International Khiladi” and on January 17th 2001 they both exchanged the vows to be together forever. And since then, Akki-Twinkle never failed to charm us with their inseparable love.
- In the chat-show “Koffee With Karan“, Akshay revealed that Twinkle actually had a condition before marrying him. She said that in case her upcoming movie failed to storm the box office, she will marry him. Fortunately the movie failed miserable and thus on January 17th they had low profile wedding with the presence of few closed and family members. Well, Aamir khan actually filmed the entire wedding ceremony of this duo. The 15 years of journey was not at all smooth, they faced many ups and downs, but Twinkle’s strong minded attitude and Akshay’s punctuality made it possible to brave all those obstacles.
- If martial arts taught him punctuality, then marrying his favorite heroine from the Bollywood world actually gave him the best-est days of his life. He confessed in an interview that the idea marrying of Twinkle actually changed his life. Not only this, her entry also made huge differences in his wardrobe. Initially, Akshay was a very disorganized person, but after his marriage Twinkle Khanna made him an organized man.
- Our Mrs.Funnybones credits all her punctuality and fitness to Akshay. She loves coffee and he likes beetroot juice. She barely sees movies and Akshay is a movie buff, they both are totally different as a person with different upbringing, but still there is something that binds them together, and i.e their practical thinking.
- On 15th September 2002, they welcomed their first child “Aarav Kumar” and after 10years i.e on 25th September 2012, the super stylish couple welcomed their second child Nitara Kumar Bahtia. Well you will be in total “aww” to know that Nitara calls her father “Akki Beta”. See the two tattoos, *blink blink*.
Well they both (Akshay and Twinkle) love their family a lot and so they never celebrate their birthdays without their kids. Akshay wakes up at 4’o clock in the morning and finishes his shooting by 7am just to spend most of his time with his kids and family. Twinkle never publishes any article before getting it verified (read) by his superbly-talented husband. They both love each other, laugh with each other, tease each other and above all believe in each other. Enjoy some moments from their life below. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO AKKI-TWINKLE.