Monsoon or the rainy season is the seasonal wind of the Indian Ocean and southern Asia blowing from the southwest in the summer and from the northeast in the winter. They are all about a pleasant windy breeze, happy vibes, and watching the weather with a cloudy mist. All you feel like doing is snuggle up in your bed and let the impression of rain showers, thunder sounds, and that feeling of relief touch you while you play games or watch a movie and chill.
There’s no denying that monsoons bring a chill in the weather, and everyone has a different way of enjoying the monsoon season. To keep the body warm, a lot of drinks are available in this particular season, especially martinis.
Martinis are of various types. Some are made with gin and vermouth and garnished with an olive or a lemon twist. Over the years, monsoon martinis have become one of the best-known mixed alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages to have in the monsoon weather. There are a variety of methods of making and using twists.
Twists are typically cut from whole fresh fruit with a knife, and the name of the drink may refer to the shape of the garnish, which is curled or twisted to release fruit oils that suffuse up in the drink. Other techniques encompass running the twist along the rim of the glass and “flaming” the twist.
This time, spend your monsoons by refreshing yourself with amazing monsoon martinis and cocktails to cheer up the whole monsoon weather.
Some of the Monsoon martinis which you should try at home-
*All the products will be available at the market
1. Jalapeno-Cucumber Margarita-
This monsoon martini acts as a cooler and freshens your body of all the tiredness.
- Tequila (60 ml)
- Cucumber juice (150ml)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Orange juice (60ml)
- Squash all the ingredients- tequila. Cucumber juice, syrup, orange juice, and jalapenos in a large pitcher and make a punch.
- Pour it in a glass and garnish the cocktail with chili flakes as per your taste.
TIP: the longer the drink chills, the cucumber, and jalapenos will infuse more with tequila.
2. Espresso Martini-
It’s a coffee-flavored monsoon martini that will make you forget what sleep is.
- Rum (30ml)
- Espresso coffee (30ml)
- Hazelnut syrup(10ml)
- Cacao Liquor (10ml)
- Ice cubes (3-4)
- Chill the glass priorly in the fridge.
- Take a large pitcher, mix all the ingredients, and shake them up for about 12-15 seconds.
- Pour in the chilled glass and enjoy the drink.
3. Masala Tea Martini-
It’s everything a chai lover would love with a mix of alcohol. Sweet and spicy!
- Bourbon (45ml)
- Masala tea (45ml)
- Sweet Vermouth (15ml)
- Tea leaves (1-2 leaves)
- Take a shaker, pour some ice cubes in it with all the ingredients, and shake it properly.
- Serve it in a rock glass with tea leaves topped up as garnishing.
4. Nitro ABC:
The monsoon martini serves all the vibrant flavors and is a perfect fit for the season.
- Bourbon whiskey (30ml)
- Cinnamon stick (1 stick)
- Honey (2 spoons)
- Fresh lime squeeze ( 1 ½ )
- Boiling water (1 cup)
- Pour warm water into a mug. Dissolve hone in the water.
- Add the cinnamon stick and pour it into the whiskey.
- Finally, squeeze the lemon, stir it, and serve.
5. Boozy Julius-
The drink is high in Vitamin C, vegan, and healthy; what would you want more!
- Vodka (60ml)
- Orange juice (30ml)
- Vanilla Extract (30ml)
- Take a pitcher and blend vanilla extract and orange juice first.
- Add sugar and top it up with Vodka and enjoy it.
6. Monsoon Martini and Spicy Almonds:
The flavorsome, sweet, and worth trying monsoon martini.
- Vodka (50ml)
- Lemon juice (½ )
- Ice cubes (4-5)
- Galliano (1 unit)
- Unpeeled almonds (100gm)
- Salt (¼ teaspoon)
- Garam masala (¼ teaspoon)
- Coconut oil (½ spoon)
- Take 4-5 ice cubes in the shaker and pour all the ingredients- vodka, lemon juice, Galliano, syrup.
- Shake it well and pour it into the glass.
- Preheat the oil in the pan. Combine the almonds and the spices, fry it until it gets golden. Enjoy!
PLACES TO HAVE BEST MONSOON MARTINI- (ALCOHOLIC)
1. DANTE (New York, USA)
Dante is regarded as one of the best bar in the world for their amazing hospitality, food, and drinks, and has been a fine art in presenting them. Their special drink is Garibaldi, made with Campari and orange juice. If you are in new york during the monsoon, do visit this place and try their monsoon martinis.
2. Connaught Bar ( London, UK)
The place is famous for serving cocktails artfully and stylishly. It has an elegant interior and has even launched its gin and use them in their monsoon martinis to make a perfect punch for the customers.
3. Pali Bhavan (Mumbai, India)
Situated in Bandra, Pali Bhavan is a worth visiting destination in Mumbai, India. They have a classic and experimental menu with cocktails and are appreciated for serving awesome monsoon martinis in the monsoon weather.
4. Toast and Tonic (Banglore, India)
The bar is inspired by the energy of the east village in new york and is a martini lover’s dream destination. Their specialties are Cranberry Ginger Fizz, Spanish-style gin, and tonic, etc. The ambiance and drinks really set your mood.
*For more locations in India, go check out- https://www.greavesindia.co.uk/five-of-the-best-cocktail-bars-in-india/
*For locations all around the world, go check out- https://www.theworlds50best.com/stories/News/the-worlds-50-best-bars-2019-list-in-pictures.html
1. Virgin Watermelon Margarita-
A naturally sweet monsoon martini with lime’s citrusy.
- Watermelon (medium)
- Lime juice (½ cup)
- Agave (4tbsp)
- Sparkling water (⅓ cup)
- Cut watermelon into chunks. Blend the watermelon chunks properly. Add lime juice and agave and mix them.
- Top the drink with sparkling water and enjoy!
2. Mock (on the) Rocks-
The monsoon martini gives gin like bitterness and warmth.
- Homegrown peas
- Sparkling water
- Take a shaker, pour some ice cubes in it, with all the ingredients, and shake it properly.
- Serve it in a rock glass with mint leaves topped up as garnishing.
3. Mango Mule-
Sweet? It has mango. Spicy? It has ginger. Citrusy? It has lemon juice. This monsoon martini is the perfect mixture of all.
- Cucumber slices (4-5)
- Honey Syrup (10ml)
- Mango puree (15ml)
- Lime juice (15ml)
- Ginger beer (15ml)
- Ice cubes
- Blend cucumber and honey syrup in the shaker.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and shake them properly.
- Pour it in the glass, top up with ginger beer, stir and enjoy it.
4. Driver’s Julep:
A refreshing and punchy monsoon martini served with crushed ice.
- Lime juice (½ cup)
- Agave (4tbsp)
- Tonic cordial
- Cucumber slices (3-4)
- Chilli flakes
- Mix all the ingredients into the shaker for 10-15 seconds vigorously.
- Pour it into the glass and garnish it with chili flakes as per your taste.
5. Strawberry Chamomile Martini-
It brings out the party mood in you.
- Elderflower cordial (1 cup)
- Simple syrup (½ cup)
- Ginger base (½ cup)
- Chamomile (4)
- Strawberry (1)
- Mint leaves
- Orange and lemon wedge
- Ice cubes
- Blend strawberry, simple syrup, and ginger base.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and shake well.
- Pour it into the glass and enjoy it.
6. Lavender Lemonade-
Lavender infused with lemon is so refreshing and will become your go-to monsoon martini!
- Water (6 cups)
- Honey (½ cup)
- Dried Lavender (½ cup)
- Lemon juice (1 cup)
- Take a pot and boil water and honey in medium heat. Add the crushed lavender to the pot and stop the heat.
- Cover and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Take it out, pour it into the glass with lemon juice on the top. Stir and enjoy it.
PLACES TO HAVE BEST MONSOON MARTINI- ( NON-ALCOHOLIC)
1. Dishoom (London, UK)
Going for your first experience, Dishoom is the perfect place to explore your taste. The place has its specialized monsoon martinis that are world-famous and come in the list of epic beverages in the world.
2. Antares (Goa, India)
The place has some flavourful, delighting, and splendidly presentable mocktails which you can never deny. The area has a magnificent beach view that gives you a proper aura to enjoy your monsoon martinis.
3. The NoMad (New York, USA)
The bar is situated in mid-town Manhattan has established a name in serving elite drinks in the world. The mocktails and especially the monsoon martinis in the monsoon weather are made with meticulous attention and reveal the bar’s true essence.
4. The Potbelly Rooftop Cafe (Delhi, India)
A great place to hang out alone with a book or to chill with friends in an early evening in monsoon season. The diverse menu for mocktails makes the place really hit on the spot. Also providing excellent food, the place comes with great experience and must-visit for everyone.
*for more information, check out- https://lbb.in/delhi/summer-mocktails-delhi/
For everyone who appreciates good drink, monsoon martinis offer up plenty of temptations and such a wide array of tippling possibilities. Martini is a low-calorie drink and is so versatile that it can be mixed easily with creamy liquors and sugary juices. Since fruits like litchis, cherries, peaches, pomegranates, which are very juicy, are available in this season, martinis are best made during this time.
The feeling of enjoying the monsoon weather with wonderful martinis is just perfect with a guaranteed boozy feel. Every sip of the drink is unforgettable and some drinks you should try. So, this monsoon, choose your favorite monsoon martini (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) with your friends and family and let us know how your experience was.