Rules are rules. However disturbing or unconventional they may seem to be, when there is a ban imposed on some of the silliest things or actions, the people have no way but to follow.
Here is a list of 10 strangest things that have been banned around the world by the government itself…
1. Milan, Italy has imposed a ban on frowning!
It is illegal to frown and an individual is expected to smile at all occasions except for funerals and hospital visits.
2. When in Singapore, be careful not to carry any chewing gum, let alone having one and spitting it on the streets.
Singapore has banned the sale of chewing gum from the year 2004 and a fine of 500 dollars is imposed on anybody having gum and spitting it on the streets.
Flip-flops are banned which makes sound and are considered to be an indecent act.
The law was passed as the individuals dying in the parliament house would be entitled to a state funeral.
5. Australia has a ban on vacuuming the house from 10pm to 7 pm on weekdays and 10pm to 9 am on weekends.
Also according to an old law men in Australia are banned from dressing up as women. They are even said to be penalized if they are seen on the streets wearing a strapless gown.
Be sure to keep away your singing skills at night when visiting Honolulu,the capital.
Avatar in 2-D was banned too, but it was released in 3-D. Due to the lack of any such 3-D movie theaters, the movie was considered banned completely.
8. Saudi Arabia has a ban on Valentine’s Day. Anything red sold or possessed on the day is considered illegal.
9. Malaysia has a ban imposed on yellow clothing. Anything ranging from a yellow cap to a t-shirt to yellow socks is illegal.
The law was initialized to preserve French cuisine unless you are having French-fries. Then it is considered to be legal!
Hope you liked reading the post. Please spread the word!
Please support us by liking us on www.facebook.com/icytalestoday
Author- Ayantika Dey